Saturday 25 March 2017

More Gelli

Here is the second lot of  Gelli print journals I have been covering.

Some are ruled for writing, some plain for drawing, or even are art
paper inside.

I purchase carefully, raw card is best, some softer covers become
more substantial when covered and glued.

If they have coloured inside cover pages that is nicer. I try to avoid
plastic product covers because then I have to use super glue, or
contact cement. Too messy.

I did however, want to include my illo on one. That did require the
tougher bond. I'm playing with all sorts of combos of colour and
texture.

 I have since drawn in detail on the epear, it looks much better. Pic to come.

 This has a little wooden detail. Just experimenting.


This is a new book, pear detail with feather, and the drawn in pear detail.

 Silver, real feather prints. This art paper book is winging it's way 
to Darwin, a gift for a friend's birthday. 

 The back of the book is important too, I try to wrap around the print. I have my 
artist's signature here, and relevant details about the paper.
Silver, and black and red together are nice.


The first book, and now my illo from the 70s? on one.

Back of books detail, description of construction, and email contact. 

No comments:

Post a Comment